The Steering Committee decides if applicants meet the requirements for the Professional Certificate Program. The basic requirements are:
- University degree and work experience (exceptions to the following requirements may be possible):
- either a university degree in a field related to mathematics, statistics, computer science, or other related disciplines (e.g., if you took multiple courses in the related fields) and at least one year of work experience or
- any kind of university degree and at least three years of work experience in an area relevant to the certified data science training program.
- The Data Science Certificate Program includes some minor practical sessions and demos where basic knowledge of the statistical programming language R can be an advantage (some practical sessions may supplement the R code with additional Python code; however, our current emphasis remains on R). Therefore, if you lack basic proficiency in R or seek to refresh your skills, we advise either undertaking self-study to learn R or enrolling in a dedicated R course (e.g., Essential Data Science Training GmbH, a LMU Spin-off, offers a specialized R course before the beginning of every program).
- See the Course Regulations (140 KByte) for more information.